WhiteBannerBG GFWC_Logo_4Color_horz_right NWC_logo 2015 Facebook square blue large Twitter blue large

In 1932, seventeen women gathered at their first meeting place – 518 11th Avenue South – which was donated by Mrs. E.W. Crayton and Mrs. W.L. Clark. The founding president was Doris Gandees. Early meeting minutes indicate that the charter members often proposed improvements, serving as the "community redevelopment agency" of that time.

 

The Club's history is inextricably linked with the history of Naples. Since 1932, the club has supported the Naples community both financially and with volunteer services. Over the years, the Naples Woman's Club stepped in and started the first Naples library, the Garden Club and a youth shelter. It also provided the first medical services to the community.

 

In 1949, the Naples Woman's Club joined the General Federation of Women's Clubs which is one of the world's largest and oldest volunteer service organizations.

Who We Are

naples-flower

Founded in 1932

In 1932, seventeen women gathered at their first meeting place – 518 11th Avenue South – which was donated by Mrs. E.W. Crayton and Mrs. W.L. Clark. The founding president was Doris Gandees. Early meeting minutes indicate that the charter members often proposed improvements, serving as the "community redevelopment agency" of that time.

 

The Club's history is inextricably linked with the history of Naples. Since 1932, the club has supported the Naples community both financially and with volunteer services. Over the years, the Naples Woman's Club stepped in and started the first Naples library, the Garden Club and a youth shelter. It also provided the first medical services to the community.

 

In 1949, the Naples Woman's Club joined the General Federation of Women's Clubs which is one of the world's largest and oldest volunteer service organizations. It is also a member of the GFWC Florida Federation of Women's Clubs.

Non-Partisan and Non-Denominational

The General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC) is an international women's organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service across the United States and beyond. Our local Club, the GFWC Naples Woman's Club, supports many organizations locally, statewide, nationally and internationally.

 

In all 50 states and more than a dozen countries, our members work locally to create global change. GFWC clubwomen are mothers, sisters, wives, daughters, doctors, teachers, and community leaders who are dedicated to enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.

 

From our historic Headquarters in Washington, D.C., GFWC leaders and staff offer support and guidance to more than 100,000 members and more than 4,000 clubs, who collaborate on projects that touch lives in their own hometowns and around the globe.  GFWC is distinguished from other service organizations by the breadth of our outreach. Our programs span all areas of the lives of our members, their families, and communities: arts, conservation, education, home life, public affairs, and international affairs. For more information, please visit GFWC.org and GFWCflorida.org .

GFWC General Federation of Women's Clubs

The GFWC Naples Woman’s Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the community through philanthropic activities and volunteer services. We have more than 200 members, meet monthly October through April, and host a variety of events throughout the year.

 

Our organization was formed in 1932 and since 1949, we have been a member of  GFWC Florida Federation of Women's Clubs and the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC).

 

Our Clubhouse is located in a historic building in downtown Naples, just one-half block off the famous 5th Avenue district and approximately one mile from Naples Pier. We are currently accepting new members and invite you to join one of our meetings. The Clubhouse is also available for private rentals.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 3.04.09 PM copy GLK_1788